The Tokyo International Exchange Concierge is a one-stop service for Tokyo’s public schools, including kindergartens. We facilitate cultural exchanges, such as matching schools for exchange, supporting activities, and coordinating educational programs conducted by embassies, so that schools can implement a wide range of activities suited to their own needs. The Concierge provides attentive support services, including communicating with exchange partners and accepts consultations.
Phone and email consultation services
The Concierge responds to those seeking advice on cultural exchange, providing information about the available services, precautions to take when receiving visitors from abroad, and establishing sister-school relationships. The Concierge also makes suggestions to schools on the most suitable exchange content and partners. Please feel free to contact us by email or phone.
Providing information about schools through the Tokyo International Exchange Support System
Primarily, the following three functions are available through the Tokyo International Exchange Support System operated by the Concierge Secretariat. Please note that an ID and password are required to log into the system and were provided to each Tokyo public school. If you are unsure of your ID or password, please contact the Concierge Secretariat.
- (1) Apply for exchange activities
- Schools may apply for various activities, such as exchanging letters, postcards and emails, online exchange, and exchange with embassies and other organizations in Tokyo.
- (2) Browse information on overseas schools
- Browse for information on schools in other countries and regions, mainly those with which the Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education has a “Memorandum of Understanding on Education.” If your school would like to take part in an exchange activity with a school overseas, you can ask the Concierge to negotiate with that school to make the exchange activity possible.
- (3) Register information about your school
- If you register information about your school’s characteristics and desired exchange activities, the Concierge will find a suitable overseas school.
Match with exchange partners
Based on your school’s exchange preferences, which can be obtained and confirmed by phone, email or through the system, the Concierge will negotiate and coordinate with the overseas school in English or other foreign language to complete the exchange and match your school with one that meets your requirements.
We provide continuous support from application to implementation in accordance with your requests, including contacting the overseas school that your school has matched with, preparing necessary equipment, and arranging interpreters. In addition, the Concierge handles exchange with embassies as well as applications and content coordination with other organizations in Tokyo that provide educational programs related to cultural exchange.